Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First Post & Start of 1 Year Birthday Quilt

Hello & welcome! This is my first official post, and I am very excited. My son is 11 months old today. After the first 3 months crawled by, the rest of the year has been a blur. Since I am a beginner quilter, I decided to start a new tradition of making him a birthday quilt every year. Lucky for me, he's so little that it shouldn't matter that I waited until T-minus 1 month to start.

I bought some fuzzy fish fabric in the remnant bin while I was pregnant, and it's been draped over the rocker in his room ever since. He loves it so I knew I definitely wanted to use it. I'm kind of winging this. So far I've put together a small pinwheel panel, 24" by 30" for the quilt top.


It seems a little small so I'm considering adding stacks of the bright colors to make a border, then using the fish fabric on the back. I really like the pinwheels with the bright colors, perfect for my hyper little buddy. Also, there's the added bonus of using only stash fabric (so far). Not sure about how quilting through all the fuzz is going to work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment